Monday, April 5, 2010

Stubborn daggone stories

Sometimes, I am learning, the story that wants to be told is not the story you, the writer, want to tell at that particular time. I had very definite ideas for my first book, Secrets In The Shadows, and when I actually started laying out the plot, ditto actually writing, it went like this (let's see if I can accurately describe the sound effect I am getting ready to make) PHshuuummmmmm (imagine a quick right turn into a totally opposite direction). I am happy with the end product, but the story I set out to tell is still lurking around my brain, refusing to come out! I had planned for it to be book two, and I guess I'm going to have to go in and shake it loose. I'm ready for this story to be told, dang it!

I wonder if there is a yogic exercise that is designed specifically for that purpose - dragging a story out of one's brain?

No comments:

Post a Comment