Friday, April 2, 2010

A scary sight to behold

Sitting here, trying to figure out where to start the next book, I must confess that the blank page before me is a scary sight. I have the outline done but I've been wracking my brain to try and 'see' where I need to start Beth Hudson's story. I know where I want it to go, where I want it to end, but until this evening, the where to start had proved elusive.

Beth is a spunky gal. I'd have a lot in common with her in an alternate universe. She loves vintage clothing - think Kathryn Hepburn in the old 1940s flicks. "His Girl Friday" - Rosalind Russell. Oh, she tones it down, makes sure she doesn't look like a period movie extra, but she has definite tendencies toward the classics.

Unfortunately, Beth is in for some very tough times ahead. Life has always been just a little too easy for her, and it's going to get hard, much harder than she's ever experienced. I had better get started writing or else Beth's story won't get told.

Regards, and wish me luck!

T.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment